Recognizing Generous Foresight
The Helen Palmer Kettler Society
The Helen Palmer Kettler Society was established in 1990 to recognize individuals who have included American University in their estate plans by naming the university as a beneficiary (revocably or irrevocably) in their will or of their life insurance, charitable gift annuity, charitable trust, or other such asset.
Individuals who include American University in their estate plans and make their intentions known to the university are invited to become members of the Helen Palmer Kettler Society. Mrs. Kettler, a scholarship student who came to AU in 1935, cherished the role meaningful higher education plays in individual advancement. Her landmark estate gift established a continuing legacy of support for scholarship at the university.
Show Your Commitment to AU
Members of the Helen Palmer Kettler Society have made a lasting commitment to American University through these channels:
- gift by will
- testamentary life income gift
- charitable remainder trust
- charitable gift annuity
- charitable lead trust
- life insurance policies
- gift of retirement funds
AU EXTENDS THE FOLLOWING PRIVILEGES TO HPKS MEMBERS:
- Recognition in prominent university publications (anonymity requests respected)
- Invitation to special AU events in Washington, DC and around the country
- Reserved and priority seating at all university events and functions (please call ahead)
- Receipt of the university's Annual Report
- Personalized, professional charitable gift planning consultations with the Director of Planned Giving (upon request)
If you have included American University in your estate plans and would like to be recognized as a member of the Helen Palmer Kettler Society, please contact Seth Speyer, Executive Director of Planned Giving, at 202-885-3411 or email@example.com.
Legal Name: American University
Address: 4400 Massachusetts Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20016
Federal Tax ID Number: #53-0196549